Terms & Conditions
* Recommended Retail Prices are as set by the distributor Yamaha Music Australia and are current as of 1 February, 2017. Yamaha Music Australia reserves the right to change the RRP without notice. RRP may not reflect the current market price and individual dealers may sell products at less than the RRP.
Not all products listed are available at all Yamaha dealers. While stocks last. Errors and omissions excepted. Promotion ends 31 March 2017.
† Rental is provided by The Polygon Group Pty Ltd ACN 066 641 325 holder of Australian Credit License No. 412456. Rental is available online to approved applicants subject to the terms and conditions of a rental plan. Minimum rental period applies. Rental charges are paid monthly. See online at yamaharental.com.au for full details and to apply. Rental pricing subject to change without notice.
‡ Full version Education Edition. Proof of education eligibility (Student ID card or similar) is required at point-of-sale for all Steinberg Education Edition titles.
Off To A Great Start Giveaway 2017
- The promoter is: Yamaha Music Australia Pty Ltd (YMA) whose registered office is at Level 1, 99 Queensbridge St, Southbank, Victoria, Australia.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to apply for this Giveaway.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Giveaway and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, any other event outside of the promoter’s control or for any reason.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Giveaway.
- No cash alternative to the Giveaway will be offered. The Giveaway items are not transferable. Giveaway items are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any item with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- By entering this Giveaway, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Giveaway and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- Submitting an application to the Giveaway will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Applications must be received between January 27th 2017 and March 13st 2017 via http://greatstart.yamahabackstage.com.au and will be notified by 31st March.
- Applicants must make themselves available for interview between March 13th 2017 and March 24th 2017 by YMA if requested and identified as a top 5 applicant. If the applicant is not available they will be excluded from the Giveaway.
- Only Australian Accredited primary and/or secondary schools can apply for and be the recipient the Giveaway.
The recipient school will be chosen by YMA according to the selection criteria by the Selection Panel. YMA will supply the following free of charge to the recipient school.
- Products listed in ‘Schedule 1’ free of charge (the Giveaway).
- 3 days of professional development with Dr. Rob McWilliams at a time to be determined by YMA.
- A performance by a Yamaha artist at the recipient school to be determined by YMA.
- YMA will supply one of the products in ‘Schedule 2’ free of charge to a further 4 finalist schools.
- All freight costs relating to the delivery of the Giveaway will be covered by YMA. The Giveaway will be delivered to the recipient school by a carrier of YMA choosing by or on April 30th 2017.
- The recipient school must not sell the instruments received for a minimum period of 5 years. If the school sells any instrument from the Giveaway during this period YMA reserve the right to charge the school for the cost of the instrument.
- Fraudulent or misleading information in the application will deem the school disqualified from consideration. If the recipient school is found to have mislead YMA they will be charged the wholesale cost of the instruments.
- The recipient school must accept all of the Giveaway as set out in Schedule 1.
- The recipient school will be decided by the Selection Panel at their discretion by assessing the schools application against the selection criteria. The Selection Panel selection process will be final and confidential. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- A representative of the recipient school must participate in an interview for YMA, this may be filmed or recorded, and may be used in promotion such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing. If the applicant is not available they will be excluded from the Giveaway.
- The recipient school will allow YMA to use their name as the recipient school of the Giveaway in promotion such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing.
- The recipient school will allow YMA to photograph the free concert and use in promotion such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing.
- The recipient school will provide YMA with the support resources to gain parental approval for images of the use of Giveaway items within the school. These images will be used for promotion of YMA in a reasonable manner such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing.
- Selection Panel
- The YMA appointment group who will decide which applicant school will be the recipient school. This panel will include at least one independent member who is not employed by YMA.
- A school which is recognised by the Australian government as a lawful education primary or secondary institution.
- Products listed in Schedule 1, 3 days of professional development with Dr. Rob McWilliams & A performance by a Yamaha artist at the recipient school.
In the opinion of the Selection Panel, the applicant schools will be evaluated on how the school community demonstrates they will benefit from the music Giveaway in addition to having the commitment to staff and space resources to support a band program.
The selection panel will take into account the following criteria relevant to an instrumental music program when choosing a school:
- Quality of commitment from the entire school community
- Ability to form a clear short, medium and long-term vision
- Space resources
- Willingness to partake in professional development on a regular basis
- Viable student numbers
Schools will need to provide the following via our on-line portal at http://greatstart.yamahabackstage.com.au to be considered:
- School Details
- Representative contact details and position/relationship to the school
- Outline the current curricular and co-curricular music activities in the school, if any (eg: student numbers, instruments if applicable, staffing, location(s), etc)
- A letter from the principal demonstrating how this Giveaway would benefit their school. This letter should include a statement showing willingness to support the program with staffing, space and other necessary resources.
- A letter from a full time teacher at the school outlining how the school would implement and coordinate a band program.
- A letter from a parent outlining how this Giveaway would benefit their child’s school and outlining the kinds of support that the greater school community could offer the band program.
- Any other relevant material in support of the application.
A 'Top 5' will be chosen from this and assessed by a panel led by Dr Rob McWilliams from the Yamaha Education Outreach Program and including an independent member of the music community. A school will be chosen by the panel to receive the Giveaway and a further 4 schools will be chosen to receive a consolation Giveaway (Schedule 2).
|YFL212ID||STUDENT FLUTE SPLIT||$1,099.00||4|
|YAS26ID||STUDENT ALTO SAX||$1,999.00||4|
|YTS26ID||STUDENT TENOR SAX||$2,599.00||2|
|YBS32E||YBS32E BARITONE SAXOPHONE||$7,999.00||1|
|YOB241B||YOB241 OBOE LOW Bb||$3,299.00||2|
|YCL221II||STUDENT BASS CLARINET||$4,399.00||1|
|YHR567||DOUBLE FRENCH HORN||$4,999.00||1|
|CB7032SET||CB7032 & BS7050 BASS DRUM AND STAND||$2,699.00||1|
|SCBEUROPLUSCR||STAGE CUSTOM BIRCH DRUM KIT||$2,299.00||1|
|YHR314II||SINGLE F HORN||$3,199.00||2|
|Product||RRP (single unit)||QTY||RRP (total)|