Terms & Conditions
* Recommended Retail Prices are as set by the distributor Yamaha Music Australia and are current as of 1 February, 2018. Yamaha Music Australia reserves the right to change the RRP without notice. RRP may not reflect the current market price and individual dealers may sell products at less than the RRP.
Not all products listed are available at all Yamaha dealers. While stocks last. Errors and omissions excepted. Promotion ends 31 March 2018.
† Rental is provided by The Polygon Group Pty Ltd ACN 066 641 325 holder of Australian Credit License No. 412456. Rental is available online to approved applicants subject to the terms and conditions of a rental plan. Minimum rental period applies. Rental charges are paid monthly. See online at yamaharental.com.au for full details and to apply. Rental pricing subject to change without notice.
‡ Full version Education Edition. Proof of education eligibility (Student ID card or similar) is required at point-of-sale for all Steinberg Education Edition titles.
Yamaha Great Start Grant 2018
- The promoter is: Yamaha Music Australia Pty Ltd (YMA) whose registered office is at 80 Market St, South Melbourne , Victoria, Australia.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to apply for this Grant.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Grant and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation, any other event outside of the promoter’s control or for any reason.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this Grant.
- No cash alternative to the Grant will be offered. The Grant items are not transferable. Grant items are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any item with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- By applying for this Grant, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Grant and these terms and conditions will be governed by Australian law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
- Submitting an application to the Grant will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Applications must be received between January 29th 2018 and March 16th 2018 via http://greatstart.yamahabackstage.com.au and will be notified by 1st April 2018.
- Applicants must make themselves available for interview between March 16th 2018 and April 6th 2018 by YMA if requested and identified as a top 5 applicant. If the applicant is not available they will be excluded from the Grant.
- Only Australian Accredited primary and/or secondary schools can apply for and be the recipient the Grant.
The recipient school will be chosen by YMA according to the selection criteria by the Selection Panel. YMA will supply the following free of charge to the recipient school.
- Products listed in ‘Schedule 1’ free of charge (the Grant).
- 1 day of professional training with Peter Wardrobe (Yamaha Education Expert) at a time to be determined by YMA.
- A performance by a Dami Im at the recipient school.
- YMA will supply Yamaha Products to the value of $2000 RRP free of charge to a further 2 finalist schools.
- All freight costs relating to the delivery of the Grant will be covered by YMA. The Grant will be delivered to the recipient school by a carrier of YMA choosing.
- The recipient school must not sell the instruments received for a minimum period of 5 years. If the school sells any instrument from the Grant during this period YMA reserve the right to charge the school for the cost of the instrument.
- Fraudulent or misleading information in the application will deem the school disqualified from consideration. If the recipient school is found to have mislead YMA they will be charged the wholesale cost of the instruments.
- The recipient school must accept all of the Grant as set out in Schedule 1.
- The recipient school will be decided by the Selection Panel at their discretion by assessing the schools application against the selection criteria. The Selection Panel selection process will be final and confidential. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the decision.
- A representative of the recipient school must participate in an interview for YMA, this may be filmed or recorded, and may be used in promotion such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing. If the applicant is not available they will be excluded from the Grant.
- The recipient school will allow YMA to use their name as the recipient school of the Grant in promotion such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing.
- The recipient school will allow YMA to photograph the free concert and use in promotion such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing.
- The recipient school will provide YMA with the support resources to gain parental approval for images of the use of Grant items within the school. These images will be used for promotion of YMA in a reasonable manner such as (including but not limited to) print, digital and video marketing.
- MacBook Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Selection Panel
- The YMA appointment group who will decide which applicant school will be the recipient school. This panel will include at least one independent member who is not employed by YMA.
- A school which is recognised by the Australian government as a lawful education primary or secondary institution.
- Products listed in Schedule 1, 1 day of professional development with Mr Peter Wardrobe & A performance by Dami Im at the recipient school.
In the opinion of the Selection Panel, the applicant schools will be evaluated on how the school community demonstrates they will benefit from the music Grant in addition to having the commitment to staff and space resources to support a music program.
The selection panel will take into account the following criteria relevant to an instrumental music program when choosing a school:
- Quality of commitment from the entire school community
- Ability to form a clear short, medium and long-term vision
- Space resources
- Willingness to partake in professional development on a regular basis
- Viable student numbers
Schools will need to provide the following via our on-line portal at http://greatstart.yamahabackstage.com.au to be considered:
- School Details
- Representative contact details and position/relationship to the school
- Outline the current curricular and co-curricular music activities in the school, if any (eg: student numbers, instruments if applicable, staffing, location(s), etc)
- A letter from the principal demonstrating how this Grant would benefit their school. This letter should include a statement showing willingness to support the program with staffing, space and other necessary resources.
- A letter from a full time teacher at the school outlining how the school would implement and coordinate a band program.
- A letter from a parent outlining how this Grant would benefit their child’s school and outlining the kinds of support that the greater school community could offer the band program.
- Any other relevant material in support of the application.
A 'Top 3' will be chosen from this and assessed by a panel led by Mr Peter Wardrobe from the Yamaha Education Outreach Program and including an independent member of the music community. A school will be chosen by the panel to receive the Grant and a further 2 schools will be chosen to receive a consolation Grant of $2000 RRP Yamaha product.
|DTX582KPLUS||ELECTRIC DRUM KIT WITH STOOL||1||$3,499.00|
|SCBFUSIONPLUSPW||STAGE CUSTOM BIRCH ACOUSTIC DRUMKIT WITH CYMBALS||1||$2,299.00|
|EAD10||ACOUSTIC DRUM MICROPHONE SYSTEM||1||$699.99|
|RS420||REVSTAR YAMAHA ELECTRIC GUITAR||2||$1,399.98|
|TRBX204GB||YAMAHA BASS GUITAR||1||$499.99|
|P115B||88 NOTE DIGITAL PIANO||1||$999.99|
|TF3||DIGITAL MIXING CONSOLE||1||$3,999.00|
|NY64-D||DANTE CARD FOR TF3 MIXER||1||$649.99|
|TIO1608-D||STAGEBOX FOR TF3 MIXER||2||$3,398.00|
|G10-RELAY||GUITAR WIRELESS SYSTEM||3||$1,199.97|
|STOMPBI||STOMPLAB EFFECTS PEDAL - BASS GUITAR||1||$119.99|
|STOMPG1||STOMPLAB EFFECTS PEDAL - ELECTRIC GUITAR||2||$239.98|
|STE-DORICO||DORICO SCORING SOFTWARE||1||$499.99|
|CLP665GP||YAMAHA CLP DIGITAL GRAND PIANO||1||$6,695.00|
|STE-CP95||CUBASE PRO 9.5 DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATION||1||$519.99|